Monday, December 29, 2008

Update on Marathon Training . . .

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! We had a great time, and I am off one more week for vacation. I thought I would update everyone on how the training is coming for the Moab half in March. Three weeks ago I went to the High School near my house to run 1/4 mile sprints (which I have to do every Wednesday) and the snow was up past my ankles and I believe it was only 9 degrees outside. On my fourth lap my fingers started hurting so bad that I began to cry, and decided I probably would not be able to finish my sprints. The next day I broke down and got a gym membership. I am not a fan of running on a treadmill!! I am now on my 5th week of training, and I ran my first 8-miles ever this past friday. I was pretty proud of myself. I know many of you have probably ran way more than this, but it was quite an accomplishment for me. So, I hope that by the time the marathon comes, 13 miles will seem easy. I have been amazed at how quickly my endurance has increased. I did twist my ankle running outside on the ice 2 weekends ago, and am trying to get that injury to heal so I can move forward. Overall, I have enjoyed finally setting a goal again and challenging myself. I was at a point in my life that I felt like I hadn't been challenged or set a personal goal for awhile. I hope you all enjoy celebrating the coming of a new year.

3 comments:

Stace said...

Can I tell you awesome you are?! I don't think I could run 8 miles, seriously! YoU gO GiRl! I can't wait to see the final pictures of the race. Happy 2009!

5 Brothers Farms said...

Geez. You rock! You have way more determination in your cold fingers, than I do in my whole body!:) Good luck! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jake said...

I can't believe you are running a half marathon. you are awesome! Good luck with the training and the race.



Kaden has recently discovered his voice, and when he starts talking you better plug your ears!